Mongolian tea called suutei tsai is served with nearly every meal. The tea is served in small bowls as opposed to cups. The tea is made with green tea, milk, water and salt. Yes, salt! I thought it was so strange at first that salt would be added to tea, but it was actually quite good. Of course the amount you use is up to you. We enjoyed the tea with our really good Mongolian feast, enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- green tea (2 bags or 1 tsp per cup green tea leaves)
- 2 cups milk
- salt to taste
- Put the tea and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Now add the milk and boil again.
- Use a ladle to lift the liquid and let it spill back into the pot as opposed to stirring.
- Season with salt to taste and then strain into a teapot.
- Serve in small bowls with the meal.