Brigadiero is what they call this Brazilian dessert. This is amazingly simple to make and oh my, delicious! No wonder these little treats are a favorite dessert served for every occasion in Brazil.
The chocolate treats reminded me of a perfectly cooked rich brownie. I loved them just plain but you can add in nuts, sugar sprinkles or coconut for additional flair.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Toppings if Desired
- Chopped nuts, any type you like
- Coconut shavings
- Colored sugar sprinkles
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients, minus the toppings and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened about ten minutes.
- Let cool until safe to handle
- Roll into small balls
- If adding toppings, place each one in a small bowl and roll until covered.
- Serve immediately or chilled
- Makes about 20 pieces if you don't lick the spoon!