This Canadian salmon marinated in a delicious maple syrup is sweet and goes perfectly with the mixed vegetables. This recipe is a keeper! Simple to make and perfectly delicious! Please make sure to use real maple syrup, the fake stuff won’t do it justice.
Canadian Salmon in a Maple Syrup Marinade
- 1 lb. salmon fillet
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- For the Fish Marinade:
- A big pinch of cumin powder
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- A big pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped green chilli
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add the maple syrup a nice big pinch of cumin powder, big pinch of cracked black pepper, salt to taste, green chilli and chopped ginger and whisk all together
- Add olive oil, juice of half a lemon and the salmon to the above mix. Let it marinade for a while a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium high heat until done, taking care not to overcook, serve with the marinated mixed vegetables.