Costa Rica Hearts of Palm Salad is light and refreshing. I love the crunch of the hearts of palm paired with cucumber. This is a great salad for any occasion, we enjoyed it with our Arroz Con Pollo. You can usually find hearts of palm either in a can or a jar. Be sure to rinse them prior to use. You can use your imagination for this one pair it with your salad favorites.
Costa Rica Ensalada de palmito (Hearts of Palm Salad)
- 1 can or jar of Hearts of Palm
- 2-3 cups of loose lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes
- For the dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- Drain the can or jar of hearts of palm, rinse and slice.
- Peel and slice the cucumber and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter and top with the cucumber, tomatoes and hearts of palm.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine. Drizzle over the salad and top with more chopped cilantro, to taste.