Czech Republic palačinky are crepe like pancakes rolled with strawberry jam. Served with some whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top this scrumptious recipe could be served as a dessert or even for breakfast. If stuffed with something savory this could become a meal unto itself. The possibilities are endless. Another recipe from the Czech Republic that I will make often, they are easy and awesome!
Czech Republic Palačinky
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon sugar if you are making a savory version, leave out the sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Fruit jam or preserves any flavor you like.
- Options for topping fresh fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder…. You get the idea.
- Mix flour and salt together
- Mix the whisked eggs, sugar and milk together.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, mix until very smooth
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and wait until the oil gets hot. You can also use a cooking spray.
- Pour a thin layer of batter into the pan using a ladle
- When the one side is done, approx. 2 minutes, you need to flip it. You can use a spatula if you find that helpful.
- Once the second side is cooked, this just takes a minute or two, slide it out of the pan onto a plate.
- Spread the jam all over the pancake
- Roll it up
- Top with fresh fruit and whipped cream
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve Immediately…… you may want to double the batter they are really good!
- Note: If you are going to make a savory version, you should eliminate the sugar in the batter recipe and roll them with some wilted spinach, maybe some roasted garlic and cheese, bacon etc. Like I said the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!