Dominica paw paw salad is a refreshing dish that has a unique flavor. Paw paw (green papaya) has a slightly bitter flavor however paired with the pineapple, sweet red pepper and onions it culminates into a delicious salad. Make it as part of an authentic Dominica meal.
Dominica Paw Paw Salad
- 1 green paw paw Green papaya
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup Red onion sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Wash the paw paw, cut in half and place in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove seeds and peel lightly.
- Cook for 5 more minutes or until tender.
- Cut in slices and place in a bowl.
- Add pineapple to the paw paw and toss lightly. Peel onion, seed peppers and cut in rings. Arrange paw paw mixture on a platter and garnish with the peppers and onions and garlic.
- For the dressing:
- Combine all ingredients, whisk and serve with salad