Grilled lobster is a wonderful treat anytime. If you can find yourself some wild caught spiny lobsters that are abundant in the warm Caribbean sea, you are in for a real treat. They simply have a sweeter meat than other lobsters. Grilled to perfection with just a bit of butter, lemon and old Bay Seasoning, you are in for a bite of heaven. Honestly, making grilled lobster tails at home is super quick and easy.
I found a package of two wild caught spiny lobster tails in the frozen section at my local supermarket. I was so excited as this is the type of lobsters you would enjoy in the Caribbean Islands of the Saints in the lesser Antilles.
To make them is so easy, one of the quickest meals around, and so luxurious. Grilled lobster tails are rich and one of my favorite foods for a special occasion. There are many theories on the best way to cook a lobster tail and to be honest pretty much any which way works just fine. This time I wanted to grill them as it is the most common way in the Caribbean.
I simply use a scissors and cut through the upper and lower part of the shell and use a sharp knife to cut through the meat. This way you are presented with two halves of the tail. It makes it easy to grill this way. I cook the meat side down on the grill first and the flip it over and then baste with lots of butter until the meat is white. You just want to make certain that you do not over cook lobster, it turns tough and looses its naturally sweet flavor.
Did you know that St. Kitts is a nickname for Christopher? If you would like to learn more about the Caribbean islands be sure to check out “Our Journey to the Saints ” as well as get more authentic and delicious recipes
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
A quick and easy way to cook up a delicious main dish. Be sure to try to find Spiny lobster tails as they are super sweet and what you would find in the Caribbean.
- 4 lobster tails each tail cut into two pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, slowly over medium-low heat, I like it to just start to scorch and then add in the juice of one lemon and the old bay seasoning.
- Set aside you will use some for basting the lobster on the grill and the rest will be served with the cooked lobster for dipping.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the lobster meat side down for about 2-3 minutes
- Turn over and generously baste with the butter until cooked through, the meat should be firm with no translucency. About 4-5 minutes.
- Serve on platters with lemon wedges, and a side of butter sauce.