Nauru crabs in coconut milk is a cinch to make.
Crabs are abundant in the tiny island nation of Nauru as are coconuts. You can use any type of crab or claws for this recipe.
I used just crab claws for an appetizer and they were served with two easy-peasy dips. One with melted butter and garlic and the other made of mayonnaise and Sirachi. I loved them both.
Crabs always seem so decadent and we absolutely loved these as our starter for our Nauru feast.
You can make your own coconut milk by adding some water to freshly grated coconut and then squeezing the coconut through a fine mesh sieve.
Alternatively you can use a can of coconut milk.
Either way this is a lovely appetizer for any occasion.
Nauru Crabs in Coconut Milk
- 2 lbs crab claws
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cube butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sirachi
- In a large pot pour in the coconut milk and heat over medium heat to just before a boil.
- Add in the crab and let the crab heat up for about 10 minutes until warm
- meanwhile in a pot heat the butter and add the garlic let the butter get foamy and then remove from heat and put in dipping bowl
- In another bowl mix together the mayonnaise and sirachi put in dipping bowl
- Serve the crab in a shallow bowl with towels and means to crack them.