Proveleta, this delicious appetizer is served as the first course of an Argentina asado. It would be wonderful anytime. A talented Asador would be able to cook this straight on the grill. I used a piece of tin foil as I was afraid I did not have that skill level. It gooey and scrumptous on a piece of grilled bread. Add In some grilled chorizo … heaven!
Proveleta (Grilled Provolone)
- 4 - ½ “ slices of provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano fresh chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rub cheese with olive oil
- Press ¼ the oregano and red pepper flakes into each piece of provolone
- Put directly on grill and heat until slightly crusted on the outside and gooey on the inside.
- You can put each piece of cheese in tin foil and grill that way.
- Enjoy immediately with a baguette