Qurutob (Bread Salad)
A delicious bread salad made with qurut, a dried salty cheese ball. This ball is mixed with water and it makes a yogurt like substance that acts as a dressing.
- 1 medium onion, white Sliced thinly
- 1 piece naan bread
- 1 large Tomato Sliced thinly
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 bunch Coriander chopped finely
- 1/4 cup walnuts crushed
- 1 Tbsp oil sunflower
- 3 fresh chili peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 grams qurut You should order this online or substitute Feta
- 1/4 cup Hot water +/- to pour over qurut balls add enough for desired consisitency.
toast the naan bread until warm in oven, then tear up into pieces
Pour the hot water over the qurut balls until you get a yogurt like consistency
Put some oil in a frying pan fry 1/2 the white onion slices until caramelized.
In a large bowl or plate place the yogurt mixture on the bottom then add the torn pieces of bread and crushed walnuts
Add on top the cucumbers, tomatoes, remaining onion and coriander
Pour over the oil and onions
top with the chili peppers
Toss , making sure to get all the qurut mixture at the bottom and serve with extra bread
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1056mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 929IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 420mg | Iron: 1mg