Djibouti Fah-Fah (Djibouti Soup)
A wonderful soup from Djibouti that is typically made with goat meat and served with canjeero flatbread.
- 1 1/2 lb. goat meat cubed (Beef or lamb could also be used)
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head of cabbage or kale finely sliced
- 2 leeks finely sliced 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 onions finely sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
Add the meat and all the vegetables to a pot.
Cover with water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
Add the garlic and coriander and top-up with 2 cups water.
Allow to simmer for 40 minutes, until the meat is done.
Serve in a soup bowl with canjeero for a delicious Djibouti meal!
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 1373mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 887IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 9mg