Senegalese Avocado and Mango Salad (Saladu Awooka Ak Mango)
This is a light and refreshing salad that is perfect to serve as a side dish with something spicy.
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut or canola oil
- ¼ cup lime juice fresh
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice Fresh Squeezed
- 1 jalapeño stemmed, seeded, and minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 mangoes peeled, pitted, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 small navel orange peeled and cut into segments
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut optional
Whisk together 4 tablespoons parsley, oil, both citrus juices, jalapeño, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add mangoes and avocados, and toss gently to combine; cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
To serve, transfer the Senegalese salad to a serving bowl; halve orange segments crosswise, and lay over salad.
Sprinkle with remaining parsley, and coconut if using. Serve chilled.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1661IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg