Thiakry (Senegalese Millet Pudding)
This easy to make dessert is very similar to rice pudding and is just as comforting.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1 cup sour cream organic
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk use goat if following plant paradox diet
- 1/4 cup raisins use unsweetened cherries if following plant paradox diet
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or to taste (use swerve or simialar if on Plant paradox .
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Nutmeg freshly grated for garnish
In a small saucepan, combine water and millet and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes or until millet is tender. Drain off any remaining liquid and stir frequently while millet cools so it does not clump,
In a medium bowl, combine cooked millet with sour cream, evaporated milk, raisins, sugar, vanilla and orange blossom water. Mix well to combine. Stir in butter, then sprinkle with nutmeg. Chill at least an hour or until ready to serve.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 746IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg