Spanish Garlic Mushrooms
Make certain to use a real Spanish sherry, not a cooking sherry for an authentic experience.
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. mushrooms stemmed and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 Tablespoons Spanish sherry dry
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh chopped finely
- Lemon slices
In a sautè pan, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking.
Sautè the garlic for about 1 minute or just until fragrant
Add the mushrooms and cook 1 minute
Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and lemon slices
Simmer for 2 minutes
Remove from stove and put into a tapas bowl.
Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices
Enjoy with some crusty bread, YUM!
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg