This Spanish garlic mushrooms tapa is a quick and easy recipe that will delight the taste buds. What makes these garlic mushrooms so delicious is the use of a true Spanish sherry. This is not cooking sherry it is sometimes called Jerez which is the area where it originated, and is a fortified wine. Sherry was first produced in Spain and the process of making it was brought by the Moors in the 8th century.
This recipe for Spanish garlic mushrooms calls for a dry sherry I recommend Fino the driest of Sherries, you should be able to find it at your local well stocked wine store.
If you ever get a chance to visit Jerez de la Frontera in Spain, I highly recommend you take a tour at one or more of their famous bodegas for a fun sherry tasting experience.
If you would like to learn more about the beautiful and fascinating country of Spain be sure to check out Our Journey to Spain. There you will also find more tapas recipes like Garlic Shrimp, Octopus with Potatoes, Spanish Tortilla and more.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Spanish Garlic Mushrooms
Make certain to use a real Spanish sherry, not a cooking sherry for an authentic experience.
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. mushrooms stemmed and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 Tablespoons Spanish sherry dry
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh chopped finely
- Lemon slices
In a sautè pan, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking.
Sautè the garlic for about 1 minute or just until fragrant
- Add the mushrooms and cook 1 minute
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and lemon slices
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Remove from stove and put into a tapas bowl.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices
- Enjoy with some crusty bread, YUM!