Aussie slaw is super easy to make and and is a little bit different adding tomatoes, cucumber and red onion to the mix. It is light, refreshing and delicious. This slaw salad would be a typical side dish at any BBQ down under. Try it for one of yours.
- 4 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mix all the veggie slaw ingredients together. In another small bowl mix together the mayonnaise sugar, salt and pepper. Dress the slaw and add additional mayonnaise to taste. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.