Antigua is known for its very sweet and juicy black pineapple. This simple salad incorporates just a honey and rum drizzle that adds a great flavor to the pineapple, serve them in boats for a nice tropical presentation.
Pineapple Salad with Sweet Rum Drizzle
- 1 ripe pineapple
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 shot of dark rum
- Cut the pineapple in ½ the long way and then into quarters.
- Cut out the core and cut the pineapple into chucks, reserving the shell for serving.
- In a bowl, Whisk together the honey and dark rum
- Add in pineapple pieces and coat well.
- Spoon the coated pineapple pieces into the shells and serve.
- Please note if you are serving any children, you should boil the rum to remove the alcohol, or eliminate it.