Bananas in orange sauce is awesome! There is something just amazing about warm bananas with ice cream that is just delicious. Add in a bit of orange syrup, Yum!
Enjoy this simple Benin dessert.
Bananas in Orange Sauce
A delicious dessert from Benin
- 4 baby bananas that are firm
- ½ cup orange juice fresh squeeze
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Ice cream
- Heat the orange juice, lemon juice and brown sugar in skillet for about 15 minutes on low. It should reduce and thicken into a syrup.
- Peel bananas, slice in half the long way and cook in the syrup until warmed through.
- Serve immediately over vanilla Ice cream.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg