Bananas in orange sauce is awesome! There is something just amazing about warm bananas with ice cream that is just delicious. Add in a bit of orange syrup, Yum!
Enjoy this simple Benin dessert.
Bananas in Orange Sauce
- 4 baby bananas that are firm
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Heat the orange juice, lemon juice and brown sugar in skillet for about 15 minutes on low. It should reduce and thicken into a syrup.
- Peel bananas, slice in half the long way and cook in the syrup until warmed through.
- Serve immediately over vanilla Ice cream.