Cambodia Fried banana nuggets is the type of dessert you would find in a fine restaurant. These delicious fried nuggets are perfect with a bowl of vanilla or Kampot pepper ice cream.
Bananas hold up really well wrapped in a spring roll wrapper and deep fried. Sprinkle with a touch of powdered sugar for a fantastic way to end your Khmer meal. Bananas are abundant in tropical Cambodia. Dessert in Cambodia can be made of many different things some common items are coconut, mango with sticky rice, mung beans and fruits with a touch of lime and chili.
Cambodia Fried Banana Nuggets (Num Chet Chien)
A quick and easy dessert recipe that is a perfect ending to your Khmer meal.
- 1 large banana first cut the long way then cut into about 12 small pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 6 small size spring roll wrappers cut in half
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the banana pieces, sugar and vanilla extract
- Wrap each piece of banana with a spring roll shell and set aside
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, when the oil is hot, deep fry the nuggets until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to remove any excess oil
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Serve with some vanilla Ice cream