Ghanaian salad is a wonderful combination of flavors. It is great for a potluck or a large crowd and everyone will love it. The addition of baked beans is unique. The dressing calls for a mayonnaise base, I just mixed up some African pepper sauce with some mayo and oil for an exceptional dressing. This would make a lovely light lunch on its own as well.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 head of lettuce or loose leaf lettuce
- 1 can of Tuna in water or oil
- 1 small can of baked beans
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Mayonnaise based salad dressing of your choice. (I mixed some African pepper sauce with some mayo and oil for a delicious dressing)
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce and top with the vegetables, tuna, baked beans and eggs. Drizzle with dressing of your choice and serve.