A beautifully simple salad to make. Fennel has a unique light flavor that is a perfect accompaniment to the spicy shrimp dish called Cosa Cosa Camarão. The simple lemon vinaigrette could be used on any salad for a light refreshing change.
Limão e Salada de Funcho (Lemon Fennel Salad)
- 1 fennel bulb sliced thinly including the fronds
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Put the sliced fennel fronds in a bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Sprinkle the fennel with the parmesan cheese
- Dress the fennel with the lemon vinaigrette and toss lightly