Luxembourg salad called Salade Madame Seguin is fresh lettuce greens that is surrounded by goat cheese warmed over a french baguette. It is then drizzled with honey and pine nuts. The lettuce had some tomato, cucumber, onion and carrot and then was dressed with a Walnut Riesling vinaigrette. The dressing was a gift from some good friends who have a nut farm. If you would like to get some you can find it at The Naked Nut (559)697-6561 or www.thenakednut.com they have all sorts of wonderful items there. The dressing was sweet and perfect for this salad as Riesling is one of Luxembourg’s most popular wines. The warm goat cheese a perfect addition, simply a delicious salad!
Luxembourg Salad (Salade Madame Seguin)
- Lettuce 1 bunch torn
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 small Red Onion Sliced
- 1 small cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 8 pieces of french baguette
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Walnut and Riesling Dressing or your choice of Dressing
- In a bowl mix together the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion and carrot.
- Gently mix the salad greens with Dressing of your choice
- Put each slice of baguette on a oven ready dish
- Put about 1 oz of goat cheese on each slice
- Put in broiler until cheese is melted
- Plate the Salad Greens with two pieces of the baguette with goat cheese and drizzle with some honey.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over the top