Palong Shaak Bhaji is a nicely seasoned side dish that calls for spinach but could be made with any fresh leafy greens, like kale, chard, or any combination of them. This dish, cooks up in a jiffy and a great way to experience the flavors of Bangladesh.
Palong Shaak Bhaji (Cooked spinach)
- 1 lb. spinach cleaned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Panch phoron
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 dried red chilies
- ¼ cup onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Drop in the red chilies and fry for a minute
- Add in the onions and fry until translucent
- Add in the garlic and panch phoron, stir frying until the spices begin to sputter
- Add in the spinach, salt and pepper and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Enjoy!