Smoked fish salad from the Seychelles is my new favorite dish. I could eat this every day. Of course in the Seychelles so many types of fish are available. Smoking is a way of preserving fish without refrigeration and is quite common. I made this dish with some smoked marlin I had, but truly any smoked fish will work beautifully.
This smoked fish salad could easily be made into a meal for lunch or dinner, but we had it as just one course of our Seychelles International Cuisine meal. The recipe will serve four as a course or 2 as a meal.
Did you know the Seychelles is a celebrity hideaway? Many like to vacation in the iconic country and enjoy stunning private islands. Prince William and Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge spent their honeymoon at the North Island of the Seychelles. The Seychelles used to be a British colony. If you would like to learn more about this beautiful country be sure to check out "Our Journey to the Seychelles".If you enjoy this smoked fish salad recipe, you will also find more authentic recipes like daube de banana and octopus curry you are sure to love.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Smoked Fish Salad
- 8 oz smoked fish marlin, trout, salmon, tuna etc.
- 1 Carrot Peeled and grated
- 1/2 head cabbage grated
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a platter put the arugula, this will be the base of the salad
- In a bowl, season the grated cabbage carrots, and onion with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the oil
- squeeze in the juice of one lime and stir, adjust as necessary to taste
- Top the arugula with the cabbage, carrots and onion.
- Add your shredded smoke fish on top of the cabbage
- Serve with extra lime