Cream of endive soup called Bruxelloise is an amazing creamy and delicious soup that can be served hot or cold. It was a lovely addition to our Belgian feast. The next day, I actually added in a few left over mussels from the meal and it made a wonderful lunch with some nice crusty bread and a good Belgian beer.
Bruxelloise cream of Belgian endive soup
- 2 Belgian endive cored and minced, reserving a few leaves for garnish
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Dill sprigs for garnish
- sauté the endive, onion and garlic in the butter for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until smooth.
- Add in the milk, salt and pepper to taste and blend.
- Garnish with chopped endive, chives and dill
- Can be served hot or cold