Brazil salsa called molho a Apimentado is the perfect addition to the feijoada and rice. A nice chunky salsa that would be wonderful on many things.
Adjust the amount of peppers you use based on your heat tolerance. Malagueta peppers are quite spicy, some people just use a bit of the liquid from the jar.
Molho a Apimentado – Brazilian Hot Sauce
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 medium firm rip tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper cored- seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 or 2 malgueto peppers and 1/2 cup feijoada liquid - added just before serving.
- Mix all ingredients together, just before serving add in 1/2 cup of feijoada liquid and 1 or2 finely chopped malgueto peppers.