Kyrgyzstan eggplant salad isn’t actually a salad that one would be accustomed to. The eggplant is dipped in an egg batter and then fried. The fried pieces are topped with a garlicky mayonnaise and then a juicy tomato slice. The slices are folded over and secured for easy eating, sometimes they are served stacked. The result is a lovely bite which is how we began our Kyrgyzstan meal. Easy and delicious!
Kyrgyzstan Eggplant Salad
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to matoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin round slices
- Cut the eggplant into thin round slices about 1/8" thick
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the salt
- Put a few slices in the egg batter to soak while you heat up the oil
- Put enough oil in the bottom of a saucepan to cover the bottom.
- Fry the eggplant until golden brown and flip over to repeat on the other side.
- Place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat until all the eggplant slices are cooked.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the eggplant
- Top with a tomato. You can either repeat this process to make stacks or fold over the eggplant and tomato with a toothpick to make it easy to pick up and eat.