This drink called a Classic Canadian Caesar is very similar to a bloody Mary. It is always made however with Clamato or a combination of tomato and clam juice. This drink is extremely popular and the proper way to enjoy it is with a lick of the celery salt on the rim and then a drink through the straw.
Classic Canadian Caesar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon celery salt or as needed
- Ice cubes as needed
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce or to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco®, or to taste
- 8 fluid ounces tomato and clam juice cocktail such as Clamato®
- 1 celery stick
- 1 piece fresh horseradish
- Wet the rim of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge; set aside for garnish. Place celery salt in a small dish, and press the rim of the glass into the salt to coat. Add ice to the glass.
- Pour vodka, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce over the ice; top with tomato-clam juice. Garnish with lime wedge and celery stick and horseradish.
- Serve with a straw.
- This recipe is per serving.