Csobánkai töltött paprika (Stuffed peppers Csobank Style) was the main course for Inside the Roma Kitchen cooking class and dinner. Here is the recipe provided by Taste Hungary.
Csobánkai töltött paprika (Stuffed peppers Csobank Style)
- Onion finely chopped
- sweet paprika
- peppers diced
- tomato chopped
- tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 3 onions finely chopped
- salt pepper and sweet paprika
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1 kg ground meat
- 300 g rice
- peppers stemmed and seeded
- To make the lecso (which is the stewed peppers and tomatoes), saute the onions in a little sunflower oil. When they are clear and glassy, add the paprika and stir well (making sure not to burn it). Add the peppers, tomatoes, and tomato paste and cook over low-medium heat until it turns into a stew. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To make the stuffed peppers, saute the onions over medium heat in a little sunflower oil. When the onions are ready, lower the heat and add salt, pepper and sweet paprika and garlic. Combine the mixture well and let it cool. Combine the meat, rice, and cooled onion mixture. Stuff the meat into the peppers.
- Carefully arrange the stuffed peppers int eh lecso and cook. They are read when both the meat and rice are fully cooked.