This Dominican republic drink is called Morir Soñando there and translated means “die dreaming”. The refreshing drink is simple to make and is reminiscent of a creamsicle popsicle. Just milk, sugar, orange juice and ice. I had read that the milk can curdle if it is not extremely cold. It can also be made with evaporated milk for a bit creamier texture. So go ahead and make this might as well “die dreaming”. Of course, you can use a sugar substitute if you want to cut down on calories.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Dominican Republic Die Dreaming
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute equivalent
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups crushed ice or cubes
- Mix the milk and sugar to taste and all the sugar has desolved
- Put the mixture in the freezer until very cold.
- Add the ice cubes to the milk and stir
- slowly add in the orange juice while stirring.
- Pour into glasses and serve cold