This Icelandic Cod with egg butter sauce is so simple to make and absolutely delicious. Cod is very important to the Icelandic people in fact there were even cod wars back in the 70’s with the UK. This was a main dish that I will make often. The secret to good fish is not overcook it. Just until flaky and fork tender. Cod will be snow white when cooked. Enjoy!
Icelandic Cod with Egg Butter Sauce
- 4 skinless cod fillets bones removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place cod on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.
- Bake until cod is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium; stir in eggs and cook until eggs are heated through, 1–2 minutes.
- spoon sauce over the top of the cod filets
- Garnish with parsley;
- serve with lemon wedges.