Indonesian Bakmi Goreng is a seafood stir fried noodle dish that is a real treat.
This was part of the Tumpeng for our Indonesian meal and to be honest I have made it multiple times since. It can be made with any variety of vegetables and protein.
What makes it so outstanding is the combination of the chili sauce, kecap that scrumptious sweet soy sauce and sesame oil. Oh and let's not forget the fried onions on top adding just the perfect texture. Enjoy it!
Indonesian Bakmi Goreng (Seafood Stir Fried Noodles)
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 4 cakes Instant noodles
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Chinese chives cut into pieces
- Dried Chinese mushrooms soaked in warm water for 5 minutes, then sliced
- 1 lb. peeled and de-veined large shrimp
- 1 Squid tube cut into bite size pieces
- 2 - 3 tsp Hot Chili Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- pinch Salt & pepper
- Place noodles in a deep bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for 2 – 3 minutes until separated. Drain; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil. Add garlic, stir-fry until fragrant. Add noodles, chives, mushrooms, prawns and squid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chili and soy sauces and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fried onion
- Your bakmi goreng dish is ready to enjoy!
- Note: You can also garnish the dish with some hard boiled egg.