Bajan Seasoning is a delicious blend that is used in many traditional Bajan dishes. It is easy to make and keeps for a couple weeks in the refrigerator. Most likely every household has their own favorite blend. I loved this one and I am sure you will too. Adjust any of the ingredients to your liking. It is a very flexible recipe. It is best if you can make it a few days before you need it to let the flavors really meld together. It is hot, spicy and a keeper! It was delicious on the bajan chicken.
- 1 large white onion minced
- 4 green onions chopped thinly
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 4 habaneros minced
- 3 tablespoons each fresh chopped dill, parsley thyme and marjoram
- 2 tablespoons Worstcheshire
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Put all ingredients into an airtight container, a mason jar works well, mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least two days to let flavors meld.
- Good for a couple weeks in refrigerator.