This recipe for mixed vegetables makes a perfect side to the salmon marinated in maple syrup. The flavor of the caramelized onion with the sweetness of the maple syrup is like a confectioners dream. Enjoy!
Canada Mixed Vegetables
- For the Vegetables on the side of the Canadian Salmon in Maple Syrup Marinade
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3-4 chanterelle mushrooms optional
- 4-5 mushrooms any
- 2-3 carrots roughly diced
- 3-4 Tablespoon Green peas
- 2-3 spring onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- A pinch of lemon zest
- A dash of water or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan add butter and a dash of olive oil, onions, chopped ginger and carrots.
- Cook until the onions start to caramelize
- Add in the mushrooms, peas, spring onions, dried tomatoes and a bit of lemon zest, water or chicken stock, a pinch of black pepper and salt and sauté all for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm with the grilled Salmon!