Buzara is basically a sauce that seafood is cooked in. It could be mussels or squid or shrimp. I found some colossal shrimp that I used in this recipe and it was served in the shell for a fun presentation. Any shrimp or seafood would be great in this Buzara sauce. Just make sure to always use the freshest seafood possible. Dobar Tek!
Skampi Na Buzara (Croatian Shrimp)
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ cup strained tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups white wine
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large fry pan, heat up the olive oil to medium heat. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds taking care that the garlic does not burn.
- Add in the shrimps and coat with the olive oil and garlic.
- Add in the wine and cook for about 5 minutes until the alcohol evaporates. Add the tomato, salt raisins and breadcrumbs. Mix gently.
- Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes until the shrimp are cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and serve
- Serve on platter together with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
- Dobar Tek!