These Dominican Republic Bolitos de Yuca would make a lovely appetizer for any occasion. They are fried cassava balls filled with cheese. Served warm they are light and scrumptious especially right out of the fryer while the cheese is nice and gooey, Yum!
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Dominican Republic Bolitos de Yuca
- 1 lb. of Cassava yuca
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lb. of cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped
- oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- Peel and boil the cassava in a pot of water lightly salted, until tender
- Drain and puree
- Add the butter, parsley, milk and mix together
- season with salt and let cool down to room temperature
- Put two spoonfuls of the mixture int eh palm of your hand. Flatten it to place the cheese cube in the center and roll around it to make a ball.
- Repeat until all the batter is used
- Whisk the egg, and put the flour on a plate
- Dip the balls into the egg then into the flour, shake off excess flour.
- Chill for two hours in the refrigerator uncovered
- Heat up the oil to medium high and fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve immediately