Finland Rich Knights are delicious little french toast treats with whipped cream and a berry topping. In Finland the topping would likely be loganberry or cloudberries. If you don't put any topping , they are known as poor knights. Served with a robust cup of coffee, it was a lovely ending to our Finnish meal. It would be great for breakfast too!
Finland Rich Knights
- a slice of French bread or coffee bread per person
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- pinch of salt
- For frying:
- butter or margarine
- On top:
- lingonberry jam and whipped cream
- Cut a thick slice of bread for each person
- Whip the egg and mix in milk and a pinch of salt
- Dip the slices in the milk and egg mixture
- Fry until golden brown on both sides
- Serve hot topped with a bit of lingonberry jam. If you top it all off with whipped cream, your "poor knights" become "rich knights".