This goofy little thanksgiving appetizer is a lot of fun to make especially with kids. It instantly puts a smile on their face to see this cute little guy emerge and even better to pull off the “feathers” as a little snack before the big meal. You can get as creative as you would like with the ingredients. Bottom line add some fun and whimsy to your Thanksgiving day!
Goofy Thanksgiving Appetizer
Put a smile on your guests face this Thanksgiving with this goofy and delicious appetizer.
- 1 honeydew melon or similar
- 1 pear with a stem
- 1 each each red, yellow and orange bell pepper
- 1 slice carrot
- 2 raisins for the eyes
- 1 lb each cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese cubed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 small package salami
- about 20 or so skewers
- toothpicks for the eyes
- Cut one side of the melon slightly so it will sit flat.
- Attach the pear with skewers or toothpicks to make the head of the goofy turkey
- Cut the red pepper, the wrinkled end to make two feet (see Picture)
- Cut another piece to sit next to the slice of carrot. (see picture)
- Cut the yellow and orange peppers julienne style and place in melon on skewers (see picture)
- Add the cubed cheese and grapes on the skewers alternating with a piece of salami on the top. Stick in the melon to make the feathers!
- Smile! You have made a goofy thanksgiving appetizer!