Greek salad is a simple salad that does not have lettuce. It is simply known as "the Greek" or "village" salad. The key is the freshest possible ingredients some Greek kalamata olives and some great Greek olive oil. Salads are served with nearly every meal in Greece, they are wonderful tasting and part of good healthy diet. Oh and don't forget the Feta, YUM!
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced to 1/4 inch (peeling is optional)
- 1 green bell pepper cored and seeded, sliced into rings
- 1 -2 slices red onion separated into rings
- 5 -10 kalamata olives
- 1 ⁄4 lb Greek feta cheese sliced thickly
- dried greek oregano
- top quality Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange all vegetables, prepared as listed, on a serving platter or bowl
- Top with Greek feta slices.
- Sprinkle liberally with Greek oregano.
- Serve with olive oil and lemon on the side for those who enjoy a drizzle or squeeze of it.