Grenada calypso roast pork and black bean salad is a fantastic dish. The pork is roasted with a spiced rub and then topped with an amazing sweet orange sauce. The dish is served over spinach with avocado slices. The result of this dish is awesome. Served with the cold black bean and corn salad, the flavors all blend beautifully together and makes for a fantastic presentation. Another dish to add to the favorites, thanks Grenada!
Grenada Calypso Roast Pork & Black Bean Salad
- Roast Pork
- 3 shallots chopped
- 2 bay leaves crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 3/4- pound pork tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted, sliced crosswise
- Minced fresh parsley
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 16- ounce can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 14 ounce can sweet corn - or thawed frozen can also be used.
- 1 7 1/2- ounce can hearts of palm drained, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 large tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- For Roast Pork:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine shallots, bay leaves, salt, allspice and ginger in small bowl. Add generous amount of pepper. Rub mixture into pork. Set on rack in roasting pan, Roast pork until thermometer inserted into centers registers 150°F., about 25 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve at room temperature.
- For Sauce:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in heavy small saucepan. Season with pepper. Simmer until slightly you get your desired consistency, it will thicken as it simmers. about 10 minutes.
- For Salad: Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Salad can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Line platter with spinach. Mound black bean salad in center or around the side. Slice pork. Alternate pork and avocado slices around salad. Discard bay leaves from sauce and drizzle sauce over pork and avocado.
- Enjoy with a lovely rum punch!