Jamaican key lime pie is a super easy, no cook dessert that can easily be adjusted to your taste. More or less lime juice and zest, a little more sweetened condensed milk, you get the idea. You can also decorate it with delicious toppings. I attempted to make the pie look like the Jamaican flag using bananas and chocolate, it was a tasty topping and went great with the sweet and sour key lime. The crust is made with crushed ginger snaps for super easy recipe. Please note the cook time listed in the recipe is chill time. Enjoy!
Jamaican Key Lime Pie
- 6 limes
- 1 pack Ginger Snaps
- 1/4 lb of Butter
- 1 can of sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- Crush the Ginger Biscuits
- Melt the butter and mix together with the biscuits
- Press into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate and place in fridge to chill
- For the filling:
- Use a grater, or a zester to get the zest from the limes, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the limes and put the juice into the mixing bowl
- Add the can of condensed milk and the pint of double cream to the mixing bowl, stirring gently until it thickens.
- Pour into the pie crust and place back in fridge to chill.
- Decorate with any topping you like, bananas, chocolate, cherries, lime slices etc.