Lobster curry is a main course that is delicious and very easy to make. The curry is compliments of the West African influence on the Bahamian Cuisine. Using Coconut milk also makes for a delicious fusion dish. Typically they would have spiny lobster in the Bahamas but any type of lobster will do. Delicious! Serve it alongside pigeon peas and rice for an authentic Bahamian meal.
- 1 cup or meat from 2 lobsters
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice from a freshly squeezed lemon
- Saute the onion slices in pan with butter.
- Mix together the flour, curry and salt then add to the fried onions
- Add milk to pan and let boil then simmer on low heat for 1 hour
- Add more coconut milk if it starts to get dried out.
- Add lobster meat and lemon and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Serve with Pigeon peas and rice