Malinese sesame honey sticks are easy to make and lovely with a cup of tea. The combination of roasted sesame seeds and honey is great. The sticks are reminiscent of a brittle type candy. This delicious sticks can be used as part of the tea ritual or a snack anytime the urge for something sweet arises. They are called meni-meniyong, a quick and easy dessert, enjoy!
Malinese Sesame-Honey Sticks (Meni-Meniyong)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- On the stove top over a low flame, toast the sesame seeds in a sauce pan until they just begin to change color, taking care not to burn them. Set aside
- In another sauce pan melt together the honey and butter over medium-low flame. Heat until it begins to bubble and starts to darken slightly.
- Stir in the sesame seeds until well mixed.
- Grease a baking sheet and spread out the honey mixture.
- Allow to cool until just warm and cut into sticks.
- Let cool completely and serve