Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs is one of my most requested appetizer! They are simply delicious and a nice change from your basic deviled egg recipe. This recipe uses sour cream as the base binder however it was a little difficult to make them as chicks (peeps). If you want to make them that way I would switch the amounts for mayonnaise for sour cream and visa versa, and they likely will turn out perfect. Actually as I look at them, they kind of each have their own personality!
I am curious about how you make your hard-boiled eggs? I used to get so frustrated when they did not peel properly after boiling them. I think I tried every trick in the book. Now, the only way I make hard-boiled eggs is in my Instapot. It takes only 5 minutes on high manual setting and 1 cup of water. They come out perfect every single time. No more nasty looking eggs that don’t peel right. The yolks are perfect, if you want to make a soft boiled egg just cook for 3 minutes instead of 5. Honestly it is worth getting an Instapot for this purpose alone, but of course it is a handy, time-saving piece of kitchen equipment for numerous things.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
You can make these smoked salmon deviled eggs normal or make them look like cute little peeps. Whichever way you make them, they are delicious!
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon minced chives plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz smoked salmon minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Capers for garnish Caviar would make an awesome garnish as well.
- Cut eggs in half and remove yolks, smash yolks add all other ingredients in bowl except garnish.
- Mix all together stuff eggs, then yourself YUM!
- If you want to make peeps, peel the egg, cut a tiny portion off the bottom of the large portion of the egg so it will stand up on its own.
- Next cut the egg about 1/3 the way down to remove the yolk and retain the top.
(of course using the yolks as part of the mix.)
- Stand the eggs up and fill the eggs with the mix.
Cut a piece of smoked salmon in a triangle shape for the beak and use two capers for the eyes. Put the top on and enjoy your peeps!