This Bahraini style baba ghanoush is amazing and easy to make. It goes perfectly with Bahraini bread called Khubz, you could use a pita bread as a substitute. Dip your bread in this delicious spread and enjoy. It would also be great as a vegetable dip as well. Can be served warm or cold.
Baba Ghanoush (Eggplant, tahini and olive appetizer)
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini a sesame paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Several whole black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place whole eggplant on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour until the outer shell is crisp and the inside is soft.
- Let the eggplant cool, then remove the green cap and skin.
- Spoon the inside into a food processor or blender
- Add garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Puree until creamy
- Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with olive oil and whole olives
- Serve warm or cold, with khubz or vegetables for dipping