This banana flambe’ dessert recipe, cooks up fast, makes a fun presentation in the pan before serving and is really yummy! Add a few scoops of vanilla ice cream or a fruit sorbet, you will make it often!
- 4 ripe bananas peeled and cut in half the lengthwise
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ cup pineapple orange or mango juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ¼ cup coconut rum
- ¼ cup dark rum
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Mix in the sugar until simmering
- Add the bananas and cook on both sides a couple of minutes
- Stir together the fruit juice and corn starch, mix well
- Pour the mixture slowly into the frying pan
- Stir until the sauce thickens
- In a separate pan heat the rum taking care not to let it boil.
- Pour the warm rum over the pan with the bananas and light it.
- Serve immediately with Ice Cream or fruit sorbet