Brunei pickles are a staple and is an amazing, flavorful little side to the chicken satay.
Brunei pickles compliments it beautifully.It is made with cucumbers, carrots and pineapple and then drenched in the dressing.
The dressing is what brings in the hot, sweet and sour flavors including fish sauce which I love.
Although they are called pickles, you can make this dish and enjoy it right away.
The title also describes it perfectly, it is hot, sweet and sour, Enjoy!
Hot Sweet and Sour Pickles
- 1/2 cucumber seeded and cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 carrot peeled and cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 pineapple peeled and diced finely
- For the dressing
- 1 inch Ginger grated
- 2 red chilies seeded and minced
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Put the first three ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the ingredients fir the dressing.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved, pour over the first three ingredients in the other bowl.
- Stir to combine