Chakery a West African dessert made of couscous is sweet and creamy. Desserts are not all that common in West Africa however this is a lovely way to end an African meal especially if you add pineapple to it. The creamy comes from some evaporated milk, vanilla yogurt and sour cream. The sweet comes from a bit of nutmeg and of course the pineapple. Enjoy!
Chakery (A West African Dessert)
- 1 cup of unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1 cups of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- cup of chopped unsweetened pineapples or other fruit
- pinch of nutmeg
- Vanilla extract couple of drops for flavoring
- 2 cups Couscous instant or cook it yourself
- Sugar to taste
- Mix all the ingredients, except the couscous, to make the sweet mix. Cook the couscous separately in water. Instant couscous soaked in water will suffice. Pour the sweet mix onto the couscous.