Djibouti Fah-fah is a classic dish made typically of goat meat with vegetables and green chilies. This is sometimes called a stew, it is hardy meal and delicious served with their flat bread called canjeero. If you can’t find goat meat feel free to substitute whatever meat you would like. I happen to use goat and found the meat and the dish to be outstanding.
Djibouti Fah-Fah (Djibouti Soup)
- 1 1/2 lb. goat meat cubed (Beef or lamb could also be used)
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head of cabbage or kale finely sliced
- 2 leeks finely sliced 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 onions finely sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
- Add the meat and all the vegetables to a pot.
- Cover with water and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and coriander and top-up with 2 cups water.
- Allow to simmer for 40 minutes, until the meat is done.
- Serve in a soup bowl with canjeero for a delicious Djibouti meal!