These Djibouti Banana Fritters are light and fluffy, made with mashed banana. This type of dessert is common in many countries and covered with some powdered sugar they were a lovely ending to our Djibouti meal. Enjoy the quick and easy recipe.
Djibouti Banana Fritters
- 3 well-ripened bananas
- 2 oz. rice or wheat flour
- 1 oz. sugar dissolved in 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Fat for frying
- Mash bananas with a fork or use blender to make pulp;
- add the flour, sugar dissolved in water, and nutmeg.
- Add water, if needed, to make batter of pancake consistency.
- Mix well and fry like pancakes in an oiled frying pan until golden brown.
- Makes 12 small fritters.